Welcome RCPS community to the 2017-2018 school year! As we prepare for students to return to school on Wednesday, August 16, I ask you to pay close attention to the following announcements:
- Time for Open House on Monday, August 14 are:
- 11:30-1:30 - Preschool/Kindergarten (McHarg)
- 1:00-3:00 - 7th Grade (Dalton)
- 3:00-6:00 - 1st-6th Grades (McHarg/Belle Heth)
- 4:00-7:00 - 8th, 10th, 11th, 12th Grades (Dalton/RHS)
- 6:00-7:00 - 9th Grade
Please help us welcome an outstanding group of educators who are reassigned or joining the Radford City School System Family this year.
- School Board Office
- Jamie Little – Educational Specialist and Innovative Teaching and Learning Educator.
- Krista Lusk – Head Start Preschool Teacher; Katie Bondurant – First Grade Teacher; Kelly Minnick – Nurse; Blenna Patterson – STEAM Educator; Emily Eagle – Kindergarten Teacher; Karen Radford – Virginia Preschool Initiative Teacher; Rachel Waff – Preschool Special Education Teacher; Sharon Woinski – 2nd Grade; Lori Keister – Reading Specialist
- Belle Heth
- Candice Davis – Third Grade Teacher; Kayla Angle – Fourth Grade Teacher; Shannon Kessler – Sixth Grade Teacher;
- Faye Bowen – Fourth Grade Teacher; Andi Guynn – Special Education Teacher; Angie McCauley – Special Education Teacher
- John Dalton Intermediate
- Amber Alley – Middle School English Teacher; Amy Ramsey – STEAM/Technology Specialist
- Radford High School
- Drew Cox – Social Studies; Casey Worley- Video Productions; Katie Owens – Special Education Teacher; Caroline Hickam – Earth Science; Jamie Fillman- Assistant to the Band Director; Matt Sutphin - Custodian
This year, Radford High School will be participating in a research project with Radford University dealing with cybersecurity. It is a study that will provide our school systems and others with important data that will help us keep our students safer as we continue to increase educational technology resources. If you would like to opt your child/children out of this study, please contact Mr. Jeff Smith, principal, or Mr. Darden Freeman, assistant principal.
On behalf of RCPS, I hope everyone has had a restful, exciting and fun filled summer break. We look forward to another wonderful year as we once again set forth to meet our mission of Excellence in Education…Every Student, Every Day!
Robert F. Graham
Robert F. Graham