Radford City Schools takes pride in recognizing staff members who go above and beyond to help students, parents and community members. Each month staff members are recognized for their outstanding efforts? Complete the following online form to recognize an employee who met or exceeded your expectations in a particular situation. The form can also be found on the division webpage at www.rcps.org then click Community in the top menu. We value your opinion!
Employee Recognition Form
- Beverly Edwards: Edward's has helped me in many way. She is one of my favorite teachers. There is always something interesting going on in her room. Mrs. Edwards has helped me with other issues at school. She helped me feel better when other girls were being mean. She is kind and caring. I feel safe in her class. Mrs. Edward's has given me confidence.
- Gloria Boyd: Boyd always goes above and beyond for my son. He has been out sick twice since school started and both times she has took time to check on him! What an awesome teacher she is!
- Kimberly Reese: Mrs. Reese has gone above and beyond with my daughter by not only being the first to ask how she is doing but showing she really cares about her. My daughter has told me Mrs, Reese really cares because she talks to her and wants to know when things are bothering her. They can talk about different issues she is having and help her feel good about herself. She is a special teacher to my daughter and has made a different in how comfortable she is at school and in class.
- Kimberly Coulson: Mrs. Coulson routinely goes out of her way to work with my son and make sure he is thriving in the classroom. She is a wonderful communicator!
- Kay Ellerman: Working with my child and all the children.
- Josh Green: Green is the perfect example of dedication, hard work and kindness. My son uses every excuse to "dress like Mr. Green". Both of my kids are always say something nice about Mr. Green. I don't know how much he is recognized but I always see him involved in things with the student. There are no strangers to him and he is never too busy to give a smile or handshake. He appreciate the children and answers parent’s questions.
- Jenny Zienius: Zienius is an outstanding teacher. My son had her last year. He enjoyed her class very much and was excited to go to school. One of things that he enjoyed the most was a project he called "Economy", were the class would make things and sell them to their classmates. At the end of the project, they would see how much money they had made. He would be so excited on the days they would do this project, he would share with me what they made, how much money his group made and what group made the most. I thought this was a great project. He also liked to share that he was in Ms. Z's class and that is the best class in the whole school.
- George Bulson: Mr. Bulson is always kind and friendly to my kids when they get on the bus. It is comforting to know I am putting them in the care of someone who seems to really care about them, not just doing a job. On the first day of school, I heard him say good morning to my son and call him by name as he boarded the bus. It was a great way to start the first day of a new school year, a smile and a friendly authentic greeting. Thanks for being a bright spot!
- Nicole Watson: My son Noah had to start kindergarten this year recovering from foot surgery. As a result, he has not been 100% mobile. Mrs. Watson along with the entire staff at McHarg have gone out of their way to help Noah get from place to place and enjoy his first week of school. Not all teachers would be so kind and accommodating. Thank you for being a great teacher!
- Sandy Lenhart: She continually goes above and beyond with my son. She advocates for him and is a fantastic communicator!
- Cindy Blankenship: Mrs. Blankenship is always helpful and patient when I've called. She has even called me back to make sure somebody responded to my needs.