Special Education and Related Services
(540) 731-3679 or email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can visit the PERC on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Tuesdays 3:30 pm-5:00pm
Thursdays 3:30 pm-5:00pm
*additional hours are available by request
ARC Of Virginia Information
This year the ARC of Virginia conference will be in Harrisonburg, Virginia and one of the strands will be dedicated to inclusive education.
We have designed a special session - Learn to Advocate for Inclusive Education in Your School Division!- and we are looking for family members and youth/young adults with disabilities and educators who have a great passion for inclusive education. We will pay for the ARC conference registration fee for one day for 15 family members/individuals with disabilities with self-reported financial need who reside in Federally designated high poverty areas who agree to attend this special workshop. We will also pay for one night’s lodging at the Hotel.
When: Tuesday July 30th 2:45 pm - 5:30 pm
Where : Hotel Madison, Harrisonburg VA at The Arc of Virginia’s 2019 State Convention
- We will present our most current versions of 3 minute, 5 minute and 10 minute PPT presentations and handouts on Why Inclusion, Why Here, Why now? for parents and self -advocates to use to present at SEAC, school board, and school faculty meetings.
- We will work in small groups to critique the presentations and materials.
- We will work in small groups to brainstorm how best to use these materials, and get them out to the families who really need them.
- All attendees will receive jump drives with copies of all materials.
Please share this information with anyone you think might be interested.
You can also contact any of us for more information!
Liz Altieri – 540-831-5590 – email@example.com
Karen Douglas – 540-831-5313 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Darren Minarik – 540-831-7660 – email@example.com