1. Students should continue to acquire and develop the basic knowledge and skills needed to become well-adjusted, productive members of society.
2. Students should be encouraged to continually assess their strengths and weaknesses in order to foster self-respect and honest self-appraisal.
3. Students should learn to cultivate a sense of fairness and respect for others which will develop into a sense of decency.
4. Students should develop habits for continued health and safety.
5. Students should develop reasoning skills which will help them reach informed conclusions about their ecological, physical, economic, and social environment.
6. Students should be encouraged to view themselves as members of the global community in order to appreciate the diversity of people and cultures.
7. Students should have opportunities to participate in the disciplines of the arts and to understand their significance to the human spirit.
8. Students benefit from cooperative efforts among themselves, the school, parents, and the community.
9. Teachers should continue to keep their own knowledge updated and their commitment to teaching rejuvenated in order to provide the most effective educational environment.