Radford High School - Freshman Transition
Welcome to the Radford High School Freshman Transition web page. This Web Page is provided for parents, students and the general community as a resource to further supplement the activities and information we are providing for our freshman students. We encourage you at any time to contact the Freshman Transition Director, teachers or administration if you have any questions or concerns.
Radford High School Mission Statement:
Radford High School will provide a learning environment that prepares students for success in college and careers and provides opportunities to become independent thinkers and problem solvers.
A desire for lifelong learning will be encouraged and students will be expected to accept their roles as informed, productive, and responsible citizens with an understanding and respect for an ever changing and diverse world.
· Before and after school tutoring with Sharon Kimbleton
· Before and after school tutoring with your child’s teachers.
· Career counseling
· Individual counseling
Our goals for 9th grade students:
· help students have a successful academic experience by discovering their talents and interests.
· encourage involvement in co-curricular and extra curricular subjects as well as clubs and sports.
· encourage parental involvement and interest in their child’s progress.
· help parents and students by providing a variety of services and resources.