To provide students with a technology environment that will provide both
1) Students will learn proper etiquette ("netiquette") associated with various types of online communities and dialogue.
2) Students will understand the meaning of the term "cyberbully," the types of cyberbullying, and strategies for dealing with cyberbullies.
3) Students will understand the meaning of the term "Internet predator" and identify the risks associated with chat rooms and social networking sites.
4) Students will learn what constitutes personal information and understand when and where it is safe to share personal information.
5) Students will explore the concepts of ownership, copyright, and piracy.
6) Students will learn about types of Internet based activities (gaming, email, file-sharing) and how to address the unique dangers these activities can present.
Guidelines & Resources for Internet Safety in Schools - VDOE, 3-6