Project Hope Homeless Education
Project HOPE - Radford City Schools
Project Hope provides assistance for children experiencing homelessness in the New River Valley, and children living in local shelters. For additional information, contact David Sable, Homeless and Foster Care Liaison for Radford City Schools, at 540.267.3223 or e-mail email@example.com or Dr. Jamie Little, Homeless and Foster Care Liaison for Radford City Schools at 540.267.3227 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact your school's principal or assistant principal if you have any questions regarding homelessness.Dr. Michael Brown Principal McHarg Elementary School 540-267-3239Tara Grant Principal Belle Heth Elementary School 540-267-3232Ken Keister Assistant Principal Belle Heth Elementary School 540-267-3235Jerry King Principal Belle Heth Elementary School 540-267-3246Jeff Smith Principal Radford High School 540-267-3252Darden Freeman Assistant Principal Radford High School 540-267-3251
Federal Monitoring has been cancelled.
2019-20 Monitoring Information from Project HOPE - VA Website. https://education.wm.edu/centers/hope/monitoring/index.php
COVID-19 & VIRGINIA PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Governor Northam Orders All Virginia Schools to Close for the Remainder of the Academic Year
On March 23, 2020, Governor Ralph Northam extended his order that all public and private K-12 schools in Virginia close in response to the continued spread of COVID-19 for the remainder of the school year. This builds on the Governor’s previous school closure order and previously issued guidance asking child care providers to prioritize services for children of essential personnel, while asking all families to keep their children home if they can. Please note that the March 30, Executive Order 55 does not impact school meal distribution and instructional plans in localities. Below are a few of the many resources on the Va Dept of Ed Website at:
- COVID-19 Screening & Triage Tool for Providers of Youth Experiencing Homelessness, from UC Berkley School of Public Health’s Community Action Team
- NEW VIDEO: Hand Washing: What Providers for Youth Experiencing Homelessness Need to Know
- NN4Y Tip Sheet on Small Business Administration (SBA) Loans Available for Nonprofits
- 3/25/20 – focused on delivering Street Outreach and Drop-In Center services during a shelter-in-place orders
- 4/1/20 – focused on stipend and additional pay for front line staff
Project Hope Homeless Education
Project Hope provides assistance for children experiencing homelessness in the New River Valley, and children living in local shelters. For additional information, contact Heather Turman, Homeless and Foster Care Liaison, at 540.382.5100 extension 1026 or e-mail email@example.com.
Eviction Resources during COVID-19 Pandemic:
-Eviction Hotline - English
-Eviction Hotline - Spanish
-Unlawful Eviction Toolkit
VDOE Parent Resources: http://www.doe.virginia.gov/
COVID 19 Community Resources: https://www.unitedwaynrv.org/
Project Hope Forms
- Caregiver's Authorization Form
- The Caregiver's Authorization is used whenever a student is living separate from their parent or guardian. The authorization allows the caregiver to make educational and medical decisions during the school time for school purposes. If the parent is not available to sign the form because they are unavailable for some reason such as medical incapacity or incarceration, have the caregiver fill out as much of the information as possible. If possible have the form notarized, especially if the Department of Social Services is involved.
- Student Referral to Project Hope
- If you would like to make a referral to Project Hope, used the form provided and fax it to 540-394-4449. A cover sheet is not necessary.
- Student Residency Questionnaire
- The Student Residency Questionnaire should be fill out be every new student registering. It should also be fill out at the beginning of the school year by every returning student. It should be filled out whenever a student changes addresses.
- Spanish Version.
- Request for School Supplies
- School supplies may be requested from the NRV Regional Office of Project Hope at any time of the school year. If the supplies, including backpacks, are available, they will be delivered to the student's school. Fax the form to 540-394-4449.
Know Your Rights Materials for Tenants During COVID-19 Crisis